Skip to main content
Need help with research? Have a question about the collection or the UC Berkeley Library? Here are three ways to get in touch with me:
Statutory law in California consists of the Constitution plus acts passed by the California Legislature. Statutes are laws enacted by the Legislature and signed by the Governor. The Code is the current law. The following terms refer to statutory law: acts, statutes, codes, and bills. If you want the text of the original law as signed by the governor, go to the Statutes.
- The Statutes of California and Amendments to the Codes.... 1849/50-
Chronological arrangement of laws enacted by the California legislature. Includes full text of statutes and resolutions subarranged by chapter number. The last volume of each session contains a subject index and a table of affected laws. Since 1967 the Summary Digest is included.
- California. Chapters...regular session.
- KFC25.A56 Doe Reference current years only; replaced in bound form by Statutes .
- CA Code Online, Current Only.
- Deering's California Codes, Annotated.
Commercially produced collection of permanent California laws arranged by subject. Includes annotations, legislative histories, applicable court decisions, popular names table, etc. Each title has an index in the last volume and there is a General Index to the entire set. Updated by pocket parts and revised volumes. For recent laws, check the Advanced Legislative Service to Deering's... KFC30.5D4A38 Doe Reference Selected official codes (eg. vehicle, education, penal, etc.) are available in Doe Reference. Check Oskicat or MELVYL for call numbers.
- Paper, Current Only, KFC30.5D4 A-Z Doe Reference
- Larmac Consolidated Index to the Constitution and Laws of California.
Annual publication containing an alphabetical index to the California constitution, all the codes, the general laws and rules of the California Supreme Court.
- KA70L36 Doe Reference (latest)
California administrative rules and regulations are made by various state agencies to implement laws enacted by the state legislature.
- California Code of Regulations (Current Only)
- California Regulatory Notice Register.
Weekly containing notices of proposed regulatory actions by state regulatory agencies to adopt, amend, or repeal regulations contained in the California Code of Regulations.
- Online, 2002-Present
- Paper, Current year only, KFC35 1945 A22 Doe Reference