Skip to main content
California's budget is usually a big topic in statewide news. The following links will provide information on the current and historic budgets:
Historic Budget Information
The California Governor's historical budgets can be found primarily in print.
Local and statewide economic information is critical for many research topics as well as personal interest. The resources below provide a wealth of information on statewide economics.
- Department of Finance
- Latest Economic Data -- Provides the latest Employment, Income, Construction, Prices (CPI and Deflators), Trade and Miscellaneous economic data.
- Economic Research Unit -- Access various economic publications such as County Profiles and the state's Economic Indicators.
- Chronology of Significant Events -- Covers 1956-2012 and provides a high-level description of major events that have influenced California's economic path.
- County Profiles -- Quick access to current population and economic statistics.
- Economic Development Department
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics for California -- Provides a wealth of data on California, including some metropolitan inflation data going back to the 1980's.