Skip to main content
AirBears2 is the UCB wireless network available in almost every building on campus; click on the link for more information about configuring the AirBears2 network on your device.
Connecting from off campus
To access electronic journals, books, and other subscription resources from off-campus, please use one of the following:
- EZProxy is now the preferred way to connect from off-campus (the 'old' proxy server will still continue to work for some time).
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) - A software program that will establish a "tunnel" to our campus network. The general recommendation is to try the proxy first before trying the VPN.
Quick Guide to Evaluating Resources
When you encounter any kind of source, consider:
- Authority - Who is the author? What is their point of view?
- Purpose - Why was the source created? Who is the intended audience?
- Publication & format - Where was it published? In what medium?
- Relevance - How is it relevant to your research? What is its scope?
- Date of publication - When was it written? Has it been updated?
- Documentation - Did they cite their sources? Who did they cite?