Skip to main content
Oskicat (UC Berkeley libraries)
- Search for books, e-books, journals, dissertations, reports, and other materials by topic, author or series
- Renew your books
- Find course reserves
- Request items from other libraries, from storage, or that have been checked out by other patrons
- Refine your search to a specific library, available items or online items.
Melvyl (All UC libraries, including selected UCB libraries not in Oskicat)
- Search for books, ebooks, journals, dissertations, and articles from UCB-subscribed journals
- Search libraries worldwide
- Request items UCB does not own, create and save lists, automatically format citations; use keywords or subject headings for title, subject, author.
- Search the full text of books Google has scanned
- Read the full text of most out-of-copyright books
- View previews or snippets from many books still in copyright
- Find in a library link will locate the book if it is owned by UC Berkeley
Call Numbers (Finding Books on the Shelves)
How to interpret the call numbers and find your books. Don't forget that you can always ask someone at the library's circulation or reference desk for help!
Borrowing items not available at UC Berkeley
The Interlibrary Borrowing Service (IBS) assists UC Berkeley students, faculty, and staff request books, articles and other materials not available (e.g. the material is in-use, in process, missing, at the bindery, not owned) at UC Berkeley using Melvyl and other IBS tools