You can now request duplication and/or permissions services for Bancroft collections directly from the finding aid.
The finding aid includes detailed information and allows you to select the exact carton, box, or folder you need. A container list is often available.
To order photocopies, PDF scans, high-resolution images, or publication permissions for material listed in a finding aid, please follow the steps below:
2. Click the Request Items button
3. Use the checkboxes to select the item or container you need. If there are no checkboxes, please type the item or container information in the Notes for Library Staff field.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the form and select the appropriate duplication or permissions option:
- Schedule Retrieval: to request to view the material in the Reading Room
- Keep for My Review: to save your request for later (please note: the material will not be retrieved)
- Duplication: to request duplication for personal research use only
- Duplication and Permissions: to request high-resolution image(s) for publication or exhibit
- Permissions: to request permissions to publish a high-resolution image you have already received from The Bancroft Library
5. Complete the required fields which display under your selected option.
6. Review the information regarding terms and conditions, turnaround time, and additional information. Please note that by clicking the Submit button you are accepting the terms and conditions of use.
7. Click Submit Request
Staff will contact you once your request has been received to provide additional information about costs and payment. Please allow a minimum of 5 business days to receive a response.
To print this page or download as a PDF, please click the "Print Page" link at the bottom of this page.