- You must have an Aeon account to request materials. The Bancroft Library has integrated Aeon into our Library catalog (OskiCat) and online finding aids on the Online Archive of California (OAC). We highly recommend searching for and paging our materials through these systems to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- For more information, please see How to Request Bancroft Materials from the Library Catalog (OskiCat) and How to Request Bancroft Materials from a Finding Aid (OAC).
- Material can be requested in advance of your visit, or in the Reading Room.
- Requests made in the Reading Room for on-site materials (with OskiCat Location: "Bancroft") generally take 10-30 minutes to retrieve.
- Requests for off-site materials (with OskiCat Location: “Bancroft (NRLF)”) materials generally take up to three days to arrive from Northern Regional Library Facility (NRLF) storage.
- For materials requested in advance, we endeavor to prepare items by the first day of your scheduled visit. The materials will remain available through the last day of your visit.
- Please check your Aeon account to confirm that the item is ready for your use before visiting our Reading Room. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding your requests.
- To ensure that we serve all researchers’ needs in a fair and timely manner, there is currently a request limit of 7 active requests per researcher.
After submitting 7 requests in Aeon, you will not be able to submit additional active requests until you have finished with at least one existing request. The request limit does not apply to duplication/permissions orders. You may save requests to submit later by choosing the Keep for My Review option in the Aeon request form. These requests are saved in your Aeon web account under the Requests Kept for Review link. See How to Use the Keep for Review Option (Save Requests for Later).
Please see the Managing Your Aeon Requests section of this guide for more information on submitting requests for multiple containers in one collection, editing or cancelling a request, resubmitting a cancelled request, and using the manual request form.
Interested in bringing your class to view Bancroft collections?
Please contact our Information and Instruction Specialist to arrange materials for your visit. Do not submit your requests via Aeon.