Existing requests can be "cloned" to help you quickly submit additional requests for other items in the same collection. Cloning a request opens up a copy of the existing request in a new, editable form, so you will only need to change the container information and item details before submitting it as a new request.
Duplication and permissions orders can also be cloned using the same steps below.
To clone a request:
Login to Aeon.
Open the existing request by clicking on it in the Active Requests table.
Click Clone Request.
A new request form will open. The item information is carried over from the first request.
Edit the description fields as needed for the new item you want to request from the collection. Please only include ONE item (container or volume) per request form.
Click Submit Request.
A request may only be edited or cancelled if it has not yet been processed by staff. You may edit or cancel your request if it has one of the following statuses:
To edit a request:
To cancel a request:
To resubmit a cancelled request:
You can find all cancelled requests by clicking the Cancelled Requests link in the Requests menu of your Aeon account.
If you have any questions about requests you have already placed in Aeon, or if you wish to cancel a request which has already been processed, please email our Circulation staff at email@example.com.
We highly recommend searching for and paging our materials through these systems to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
Manual requesting is available for materials which are not linked.
If you need to submit a request manually:
1. Login to your Aeon account.
2. Click Request under the New Request section of the main menu.
3. Click the Request Materials link.
4. Enter the required information in the Request form.
-- Make sure to include at minimum the Title, Call Number, and Volume/Container, if applicable (ex: Carton 1, or Vol. 2).
. Items are paged individually so must each have their own request form. M
5. Add any notes to Library staff in the Notes for Library Staff box.
6. Choose whether you want to place the request now (Schedule Retrieval) or if you want to save the request for later (Keep for My Review).
7. If you want to Schedule Retrieval, select the dates of your Library visit.
8. Click Submit Request.