Skip to main content
Performance and Evaluation
For buildings, life-cycle assessment, and post-occupancy evaluation resources.
- Assessing building performance / edited by Wolfgang F.E. Preiser, Jacqueline C. Vischer. Oxford: Elsevier, 2005. Evaluation through building delivery and life cycle: (1) strategic planning/needs analysis; (2) program review; (3) design review; (4) post-construction evaluation/review; (5) post-occupancy evaluation; and, (6) facilities management review/adaptive reuse. Case studies are included.
- Building performance, what is it? / report prepared by Marvin J. Cantor.Washington, DC: American Institute of Architects, 1997.
- Building evaluation techniques / Centre for Building Performance Research, Victoria University of Wellington ; George Baird ... [et al.]. New York : McGraw-Hill, 1996.
- Building surveys / Peter Glover. 5th ed. Oxford : Boston : Butterworth-Heinemann, 2003.
- California building performance guidelines for residential construction: a practical guide for owners of new homes : construction performance guidelines, important maintenance items, information on home construction. Sacramento, Calif. : Building Standards Institute ; [s.l.] : MacLellan Wolfson Associates, c2002.
- A checklist for the performance evaluation of buildings and building services / George Baird, Nigel P. Isaacs. Wellington: s.n., 1994].
- Defects and deterioration in buildings / Barry A. Richardson. 2nd ed.London; New York : Spon, 2001.
- Design and construction: building in value / edited by Rick Best and Gerard de Valence. Oxford; Boston: Butterworth-Heinemann, 2002.
- Durability by design: a guide for residential builders and designers / prepared by NAHB Research Center, Inc. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development, 2002.
- High Performance Buildings Database sponsored by the U.S Department of Energy. Research to improve building performance measuring methods. The database collects information from around the world, from homes, commercial interiors, large buildings, whole campuses and neighborhoods. May be certified green projects or projects that have one or more environmental features.
- How buildings learn : what happens after they're built / Stewart Brand. New York, NY: Viking, c1994.
- Improving building performance / NCARB, Professional Development Program; author, Wolfgang F.E. Preiser. Washington, D.C.: National Council of Architectural Registration Boards, 2003. IBP includes three different types of Post Occupancy Evaluation-indicative, investigative, and diagnostic-as well as its phases-planning, conducting, and applying. Learn how and why POE is considered a subphase of a more systemic analysis known as building performance evaluation. Supplementary materials include four detailed case studies, a lengthy resource listing, and prototypical POE forms.
- Integrated life cycle design of structures / Asko Sarja. London; New York : Spon Press, 2002.
- Life-cycle assessment in building and construction: a state-of-the-art report, 2003 / edited by Shpresa Kotaji, Agn. Pensacola, Fla.: Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, c2003. Includes a bibliography.
- Performance measurement protocols for commercial buildings / American Society of heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers, Inc., U.S. Green Building Council, [and] The Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers. Atlanta : American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers, c2010.
- Post-occupancy evaluation / Wolfgang F.E. Preiser, Harvey Z. Rabinowitz, Edward T. White. NY:Van Nostrand Reinhold, c1988.
- Residential construction performance guidelines for professional builders and remodelers. 2nd ed. NAHB, (U.S.). Remodelors Council. Washington, D.C.:National Association of Home Builders, c2000.
- User-responsive design : reducing the risk of failure / C. Thomas Mitchell. 1st ed. New York : Norton, c2002.