Skip to main content
Market and Industry Research
Market research and technical analysis of emerging and established technologies for the renewable sector.
Business Monitor Online (BMI Research)
Iin-depth coverage of the energy and power sector, and related fields of infrastructure, freight transport, shipping and auto for 52 countries. With quarterly reports and market forecasts.
Frost and Sullivan
Technology insights and market research for science/technology-based industrie. Good coverage of the market for newly emerging technologies.
IBIS World Industry Market Research
Detailed industry reports. Reports on upstream and downstream industries. Reports on renewable energy industries, and related industries such as window and door manufacturing, air conditioning, residential construction, etc.
Detailed market research reports on wind, geothermal, ocean tidal, biofuels, energy services, solar, smart grid, advanced batteries, carbon capture/sequestration, etc.
Standard & Poor's NetAdvantage
Industry Surveys of Electric Utilities, Environmental & Waste Management, Transport, Construction (Residential and Commercial).
Reports and statistics for alternative energy topics available. Worldwide coverage.
Business news and magazines with renewable and alternative energy industry coverage available in Business Source Complete and Factiva:
- Economist, Business Week, Fortune, WSJ, New York Times, Barrons, Venture Capital Journal, China Business Review, all have had major coverage of opportunities and trends in clean tech.
Details of funding companies and the firms and industries invested in. Choose "Screening & Analysis -> Private Equity" tab.(Works only in Internet Explorer, version 9.)
Venture and private equity flows into cleantech companies. Directory of cleantech companies by sector.
ProQuest Statistical Insight
Statistics and reports on all sorts of renewable topics (energy use, production, prospects, sources) from trade associations, NGOs, government and multi-lateral sources.
A statistics portal that integrates data from reliable sources on thousands of topics
- Monthly Energy Review (US) includes US renewable energy production and consumption. US energy demand for residential, commercial, industrial and transport sectors by type of use and by region. Has annual consumption by source and sector. Annual Energy Outlook has energy market projections to 2040.
- Buildings Energy Data Book - energy consumption of buildings, residential and commercial.
- Energy Information Administration - carbon dioxide emissions data for the US and international (1940s+), by energy source (petroleum, coal and natural gas). US state emissions by sector and source. US greenhouse gas emissions (1990+). Energy prices.
- Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, (US) publications:
- Renewable Energy Data Book 2014 - US renewable energy data, national and state data for all renewables.
- Transportation Energy Data Book - transportation
- USDA Economics Research Service reports on Biofuels
- US Manufacturing Energy and Carbon Footprints 2012 covers Chemicals, Forest Products, Petroleum Refining, Food & Beverage, Iron and Steel sectors' energy use and greenhouse emissions. See
- US Manufacturing Energy and Consumption (MECS) surveys quadrenially.
Energy Central Professional
Contains news, industry data, and company profiles for the oil and gas, nuclear, and alternative energy sectors. Use "News Quick Search" for the last 30 days, and "Archive News" for older stories.