Skip to main content
International Labor Comparisons
Conference Board. (Produced by US Bureau of Labor Statistics until 2013.) Annual reports on labor compensation, productivity and competitiveness in manufacturing industries in 33 countries. Statistics from different countries are harmonized into a single framework to allow accurate comparisons between countries.
ProQuest Statistical Insight
International and USA statistics on wages and earnings in specific industries and occupations. Search abstracts using subjects such as earnings, general or earnings, specific industry, or earnings CEO, or employee benefits. SRI numbers indicate that the information is on microfiche in the SRI microfiche cabinets across from the Reference Desk in the Business Library.
For Haas students and faculty only. Executive compensation for US companies, historical archive.
ProQuest Statistical Insight
Compensation data for executives and board members are available. See Conference Board's Corporate Directors' Compensation, ERI Institute's Board of Directors Salary Survey and Compensation in Nonprofit Organizations.
Annual reports and proxy statements for individual companies have compensation data for top executives and board members.
RAND State Statistics
Wages by occupation, industry and geography.
Bureau of Labor Statistics: useful information on compensation data gathered by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Some BLS sites of interest:
- Current Employment Statistics: average hourly earnings for production workers by state and metropolitan area
- Employee Benefits Survey: employee benefits in private, small, medium, and large companies
- Employer Costs for Employee Compensation: Average cost of wages per hour for major occupational and industry group. Available on a national level.
- National Compensation Survey: wages for specific levels of work for 450 occupations on an hourly and annual basis available on national, state and metropolitan level. Details include union status, incentive status, establishment size and type - excludes federal government employees, and those employed in agriculture, fishing, forestry industries as well as private household workers. Data is for establishments with more than 50 workers and actual rather than standardized work hours are reported.
- Occupational Employment Statistics: average earnings of employees on an hourly and annual basis for 750 occupations available by state and metropolitan areas - excludes those employed in agriculture, fishing, forestry industries as well as private household workers. Data is for establishments with more than five workers and standardized work schedules are assumed.
- Wages by Area and Occupation: search BLS data by area or by occupation.
Offers compensation information, salary surveys and reports, as well as SALARY WIZARD, which will compute salaries based on job title and geographic location.
Profession and area-specific wages in California, and links to over 300 salary surveys.
California Employment Development Department
This State agency provides wage data by occupation/industry and by county as well as California labor market information.
California State Salaries from the Sacramento Bee
Search this database for California State employee salaries including civil service, CSU, legislative, and UC system workers. Search by name or agency.