Skip to main content
Campus Library Map
Click on the image below to see a larger interactive version of the campus library map.
For library contact information and building addresses, visit our directory.
Printing and Scanning in the Libraries
All libraries on campus are equipped with "bookscan stations," which allow you to:
- scan documents and save them to a USB drive, or
- scan documents and then send them to a printer. You cannot email a scanned document from a bookscan station.
Scanning to a USB drive is free. Moffitt Copy Center sells flash drives.
Scanning documents to print is 8 cents a page (color printing: 60 cents a page).
In order to send documents to the printer from any of the public computers in the libraries, you must have the following:
- A document that's on the Web or attached to your email (the public computers in the libraries will not open files from a USB or other drive)
- A Cal 1 Card, with money loaded onto the debit account (go here to make a deposit to your Cal 1 Card account).
This is not the same as meal plan points! Your Cal 1 Card debit account is a separate fund on your card.
Have more questions? There's more info here.
Off-campus access to library resources
You can access UCB Library resources from off campus or via your laptop or other mobile device using one of two simple methods:
After you make a one-time change in your web browser settings, the proxy server will ask you to log in with a CalNet ID or Library PIN when you click on the link to a licensed resource. See the setup instructions, FAQ, and Troubleshooting pages to configure your browser.
VPN (Virtual Private Network)
After you install and run the VPN "client" software on your computer, you can log in with a CalNet ID to establish a secure connection with the campus network.
To use our wireless printing service from a laptop:
- Open a web-browser and go to http://webprint.berkeley.edu
- Click print and enter your calnet ID before clicking "Log In"
- Click on the "Library" link to select the domain-bw printing queue
- After selecting a file and clicking "Continue" through the printing defaults, wait for your job to be Submitted
- After you have seen the job successfully "Submitted", click "Submit Job to Printer"
- Once you have completed this process you can go to any print release station in the Doe, Main or Moffitt libraries and release your print job.
To use an iOS or Android Device
- Go to you favorite app store on your device
- Search for "PrinterOn" in the store and install the app
- Follow these instructions for iOS - http://www.printeron.com/blog/using-the-printeron-ios-app-to-print-a-webpage/
- More information on Andorid printing - http://www.printeron.com/apps/mobile-printing-apps/android-printing-app.html
Library Prize for Undergraduate Research
The Library Prize for Undergraduate Research recognizes excellence in undergraduate research projects that show evidence of significant inquiry using the library, its resources, and collections and learning about the research and information-gathering process itself.