Skip to main content
Find books, ebooks, journals
Oskicat [UC Berkeley libraries]
- Search for books, e-books, journals, dissertations, reports, and other materials by topic, author or series
- Renew your books
- Find course reserves
- Request items from other libraries, from storage, or that have been checked out by other patrons
- Refine your search to a specific library, available items or online items.
Melvyl [All UC libraries, including selected UCB libraries not in Oskicat]
- Search for books, ebooks, journals, dissertations, and articles from UCB-subscribed journals
- Search libraries worldwide
- Request items UCB does not own, create and save lists, automatically format citations; use keywords or subject headings for title, subject, author.
- Search for articles, books, preprints, and technical reports in many subject areas (more specialized article databases may cover fields more completely).
- Can be used with UC-eLinks to access the full text of many articles; click on "Scholar Preferences", search Library Links for "Berkeley", and choose "University of California Berkeley - UC-eLinks."
- Some listings also include links to related articles and to other sources that cite the item.
- Search the full text of books Google has scanned
- Read the full text of most out-of-copyright books
- View previews or snippets from many books still in copyright
- Find in a library link will locate the book if it is owned by UC Berkeley
For materials not owned by UC Berkeley: use Borrowing from Other Libraries.
Use UC e-Links to link to the full text of articles ( if available).