Skip to main content
Find books, ebooks, journals
Start Your Search NEW! [UC Berkeley Discovery Tool] Guide to Start Your Search: What's Included.
- Search for books, e-books, journals, dissertations, reports, and other materials by topic, author or series
- Renew your books
- Find course reserves
- Request items from other libraries, from storage, or that are checked out by other patrons
- Refine your search to a specific library, available items or online items.
[UC, selected UCB libraries not in Oskicat]
- Search for books, ebooks, journals, dissertations, and articles from UCB-subscribed journals
- Search libraries worldwide
- Request items UCB does not own, create and save lists, automatically format citations.
- Articles, books, preprints, and reports in many subject areas (specialized databases may cover more completely).
- Can be used with UC-eLinks to access the full text of many articles; click on "Scholar Preferences", search Library Links for "Berkeley", and choose "University of California Berkeley - UC-eLinks."
- Some listings also include links to related articles and to other sources that cite the item.
- Search the full text of books Google has scanned
- Read the full text of most out-of-copyright books
- View previews or snippets from many books still in copyright
- Find in a library link will locate the book if it is owned by UC Berkeley
Dissertations & Theses
Dissertations and Theses (Dissertation Abstracts)
Graduate dissertations from North American and selected European graduate schools and universities.
Doctoral dissertations: 1980-- Masters, 1988 -- Full text of most dissertations since 1997.
Search: thesis advisor, topic or title term, author, and other fields
Coverage: 1861 - present
Dissertations and Theses at University of California
Dissertations from a UC Berkeley department: Search OskiCat: keywords berkeley dissertations <department name>.
Example: berkeley dissertations nutrition
berkeley dissertations integrative biology
berkeley dissertations botany