Skip to main content
Different results displays give you different information. Click on Summary for additional formats (above the results list).
- Summary—default display showing citation information--author, title, source, PMID#
- Abstract—citation, plus author affiliation, abstract, and (to find full text)
- Medline—format for bibliographic management software such as EndNote.
My NCBI allows you to create a login where you can:
- Save your search strategy.
- Set up a search alert, so that when new articles meet your search, you are notified.
- Save selected articles and organize them into collections.
- Set preferences, such as highlighting search terms and changing the results display to default to abstract view.
Save useful citations as you search. Just check the box to the left of the citation you want to save. Then, use the drop down menu "Send to" above the results list to the right to save temporarily to the "Clipboard", or permanently to one of your "Collections" (requires login to My NCBI).