Skip to main content
Main (Gardener) Stacks Level D, Doe Library
Printing and Scanning in the Libraries
All libraries on campus are equipped with "bookscan stations," which allow you to:
- scan documents and save them to a USB drive, or
- scan documents and then send them to a printer. You cannot email a scanned document from a bookscan station.
Scanning to a USB drive is free. Moffitt Copy Center sells flash drives.
Scanning documents to print is 8 cents a page (color printing: 60 cents a page).
In order to send documents to the printer from any of the public computers in the libraries, you must have the following:
- A document that's on the Web or attached to your email (the public computers in the libraries will not open files from a USB or other drive)
- A Cal 1 Card, with money loaded onto the debit account (go here to make a deposit to your Cal 1 Card account).
This is not the same as meal plan points! Your Cal 1 Card debit account is a separate fund on your card.
Have more questions? There's more info here.
Off-campus access to library resources
You can access UCB Library resources from off campus or via your laptop or other mobile device using one of two simple methods:
After you make a one-time change in your web browser settings, the proxy server will ask you to log in with a CalNet ID or Library PIN when you click on the link to a licensed resource. See the setup instructions, FAQ, and Troubleshooting pages to configure your browser.
VPN (Virtual Private Network)
After you install and run the VPN "client" software on your computer, you can log in with a CalNet ID to establish a secure connection with the campus network.
Art History/Classics Library Access Policies
Access the fine arts collection (books and journals) in the Art History/Classics Library (308 Doe) and the Gardner Main Stacks (Level D), both in Doe Library.
- Please present Cal ID to staff at desk.
- Undergraduates are encouraged to use the AH/C collection of books and journals when needed for research, but may not hang out in the library or use it as a study hall.
- The collection within the AH/C Library is non-circulating. The books in the Main (Gardner) Stacks can be checked out for 1 month.