Skip to main content
Doe Library and Gardner Stacks Policies
Check-out limits and loan periods
Undergraduate students may have 100 items checked out.
The loan period for most monographs is 1 month and 1 week for serials.
You can renew items online via My OskiCat. For more options and information consult the renewing materials page.
- Return UCB Library materials to any library circulation desk during open hours, or to the outdoor/after-hour library book drops when libraries are closed.
- Refer to the owning library for information about returning non-book materials after-hours.
- Return interlibrary loan materials to 133 Doe Library.
- Return receipts may be requested from a circulation desk for returned material. The Library does not keep a record of receipts issued.
- Materials damaged or incomplete, should be brought immediately to the owning library circulation desk to discuss repair or replacement options that may be available.
Doe Library Circulation Desk
Main (Gardner) Stacks Level D
The Main (Gardner) Stacks contains Doe Library's research collections and is reserved as a primary study area for UC Berkeley students and faculty.
- The Stacks are open to those with a current UC ID, UC Berkeley Library Card or Stanford ID.
- Enter the Main (Gardner) Stacks is via Doe Library, or Moffitt Library.