Skip to main content
Find books, ebooks, journals
Start Your Search [UC Berkeley Discovery Tool] Guide to Start Your Search: What's Included.
Oskicat [UC Berkeley]
- Search for books, e-books, journals, dissertations, reports, materials by topic, author or series.
- Renew your books
- Find course reserves
- Request items from other libraries, from storage, or checked out by other patrons
- Refine your search to a specific library, available items or online items.
Melvyl [UC, selected UCB libraries not in Oskicat]
- Search for articles,books, ebooks, journals, dissertations from UCB-subscribed journals
- Search libraries worldwide
- Request items UCB does not own, create and save lists, automatically format citations.
- Search the full text of books Google has scanned
- Read the full text of most out-of-copyright books
- View previews or snippets from many books still in copyright
- Find in a library link will locate the book if it is owned by UC Berkeley
Dissertations & Theses
Dissertations and Theses (Dissertation Abstracts)
Graduate dissertations from North American and selected European graduate schools and universities.
Doctoral dissertations: 1980-- Masters, 1988 -- Full text of most dissertations since 1997.
Search: thesis advisor, topic or title term, author, and other fields
Coverage: 1861 - present
Dissertations and Theses at University of California
Dissertations from a UC Berkeley department: Search OskiCat: keywords berkeley dissertations <department name>.
Example: berkeley dissertations nutrition
berkeley dissertations integrative biology
berkeley dissertations botany
Am I Making Myself Clear?
Publication Date: 2012-10-22
A Field Guide for Science Writers
Publication Date: 2005-09-08
This is the official text for the National Association of Science Writers.
A Scientific Approach to Scientific Writing
Publication Date: 2011-05-13
Who Owns This Text?
Publication Date: 2008-12-15
Writing for Science and Engineering
Publication Date: 2012-10-12
Learning how to write clearly and concisely is an integral part of furthering your research career; however, doing so is not always easy- explains in plain English the steps to writing abstracts, theses, journal papers, funding bids, literature reviews, and more
Writing in the Biological Sciences
Publication Date: 2015-07-17
Publication Date: 2011-11-29