3. ENTER references manually
Journal Article is the default format for a new reference. Use the drop-down menu to see the list of types, fields will vary depending on the reference type.
• Author: Cole, George H.A.
• Year: 2006
• Title: Wandering stars: about planets and exo-planets: an introductory notebook.
• Publisher: Imperial College Press; Distributed by World Scientific.
• Enter URL: http://ebooks.cambridge.org . Click it. Browser will open to full text of this book.
3. SAVE reference & CLOSE window.]
4. You will see the reference highlighted in your library.
– Insert ATTACHED FILE into a record field. Important to use for PDFs.
1. Tab to the FILE ATTACHMENTS FIELD.
2. From references choose File Attachments / Attach File.
3. Open the Program files/EndNote/Examples folder. Select Hominid Evolution.xls. OK
4. In CAPTION FIELD, enter Hominid Evolution. close the reference window.
5. Select a reference. Use the Show Preview / Hide Preview button to see selected styles.
Other types of files, like word docs or PDFs can be inserted into the Files attachment field.
– Insert an IMAGE FILE into a record field. (jpeg, gif, png. etc. pdf or other type of document)
1. Tab to FIGURE FIELD or click on the icon for ADD FIGURE.
2. From References choose Figure/Attach Figure.
3. Open the Program Files/EndNote/ Examples folder. Select Feather2.BMP. open. OK
4. In CAPTION FIELD, enter Crest Feathering. Close the reference window.
5. Click on the lower X or save this information. Close the window.
6. Use the Show Preview / Hide Preview button to see the style that is currently selected.
4. Use EndNote WEB or EndNote Sync.
Import citations from Oskicat to Refworks
From the Oskicat search results screen:
Exporting Single Citations from Melvyl to Refworks
From the Melvyl search results:
Exporting Multiple Citations from Melvyl to Refworks