This selected list of indexes provides directions on how export, import or download your citations into EndNote. Use for OSKICAT, MELVYL and START YOUR SEARCH.
OskiCat - UC Berkeley Library catalog
Use DOWNLOAD or (Online Search, EndNote)
1. FIRST; edit your EndNote Connection Manager and save as a favorite, U Calif-Berkeley
2. Under tools - Online Search - enter - 'dark energy'
3. Save results to your library.
OR EXPORT: (records from OskiCat to EndNote)
1. Open: OskiCat
2. Search: keyword = “supersymmetry”.
3. Save selected records, click on “View Saved”
4. Click Export Saved.
5. Click on ‘Format of List’ Endnote/Refworks.
5. Send List to: Local Disk. (must be a .txt file).
Open EndNote & Your Library.
Enter search terms in the Start Your Search box. (see below).
Save citations to folder.
click on Open folder.
Click on Export to:
MELVYL - UC Catalog
DOWNLOAD SINGLE Reference one record at a time
1. Search for keywords: light beams
2. Click on the Title LINK to display full record.
3. Click on Cite/Export to Endnote link.
IMPORT MULTIPLE References:
** VERY IMPORTANT: You MUST Sign in to your account or create one.
Search keywords: zika vaccine
Select citations to export.
Click Save to: select [New List] or an existing list.
Click your user name (top right corner of page). Click the title of the list you just created.
Click the Citations View tab. Make sure all your citations are selected (this is the default).
In Export selected references drop down menu, select EndNote or Refworks.
Each text file will import records from only one database or catalog. Name your file.
ONLINE SEARCH from EndNote to Melvyl (and other files). Direct connections can be problematic.
You may have to update your files and some may not work at all. Disable your firewall & allow pop-ups.