Skip to main content
Find books, ebooks, journals
Start Your Search NEW! [UC Berkeley Discovery Tool] Guide to Start Your Search
Oskicat [UC Berkeley]
- Search for books, e-books, journals, dissertations, reports, and other materials by topic, author or series
- Renew your books
- Find course reserves
- Request items from other libraries, from storage, or that are checked out by other patrons
- Refine your search to a specific library, available items or online items.
Melvyl [UC, selected UCB libraries not in Oskicat]
- Search for books, ebooks, journals, dissertations, and articles from UCB-subscribed journals
- Search libraries worldwide
- Request items UCB does not own, create and save lists, automatically format citations.
- Search the full text of books Google has scanned
- Read the full text of most out-of-copyright books
- View previews or snippets from many books still in copyright
- Find in a library link will locate the book if it is owned by UC Berkeley
Covers food safety, quality assurance, processing, brewing, regulations, microbiology, functional foods, antioxidants, foodborne pathogens, and packaging technologies.
Nutrition Care Manual
Research-based nutrition information and clinical tools for dietitians, dietetic technicians, and other health care professionals.
Medline Plus: Nutrition
The National Library of Medicine's consumer health information center.
Dissertations & Theses
Dissertations and Theses (Dissertation Abstracts) [1861 - present]
Graduate dissertations from North American and selected European graduate schools and universities.
Doctoral dissertations: [1980--] Masters, [1988 --] Full text of most dissertations since 1997.
Search: thesis advisor, topic or title term, author, and other fields
Dissertations and Theses at University of California
Dissertations from a UC Berkeley department:
Search OskiCat: keywords berkeley dissertations <department name>.
Example: berkeley dissertations nutrition
berkeley dissertations integrative biology
berkeley dissertations botany
Interlibrary Loan & Services
For UC Berkeley faculty, students and staff
Copyright information: UC Berkeley, UC system-wide
For non-UC Berkeley users and institutions:
- Interlibrary lending of original material allows access to the holdings of the UC Berkeley Libraries to institutional borrowers in the United States, Canada and Internationally.
- Photoduplication services: provides access to the holdings of the UC Berkeley Libraries to institutions and the general public.
- Special Library Access document delivery services: provides access to the resources of the UC Berkeley Libraries for libraries, information centers, corporations, and other organizations on a subscriber basis.