Skip to main content
Research and analyze a particular medical therapy and particular adverse event.
- Write your research topic as a question, subject idea or thesis statement.
Example: What are the adverse effects of air pollution on asthma?
- List the main concepts.
Example: asthma, respiratory system disease, immune system, diagnosis, Human Health problems,
- List key words, phrases, synonyms, & alternative terms to search: - Be Creative.
Example: air pollution, indoor air pollution, natural ventilation, asthma, breathing, air particles, threat to human health, technology, equipment, age, pediatric, gender, injury, treatment, threat to human health, technology, equipment, age
- Remember to include other collections and disciplines:
- Review which databases you will use:
Web of Science, PubMed, Biosis Previews, others that may be specific to your topic.
- Sample searches:
air pollution and asthma
chronic lung disease
Library Research Workshop 101
An online tutorial providing an introduction to library and research skills at the UC Libraries, including:
- Understanding an assignment
- Choosing a topic
- Developing search terms (keywords)
- Choosing sources
The Research Process tab of this guide contains more help and tips on doing research.
Science Research Workflow