Skip to main content
Find books, ebooks, journals
Start Your Search [UC Berkeley Discovery Tool] Guide to Start Your Search
Oskicat [UC Berkeley]
- Search for books, e-books, journals, dissertations, reports, and more by topic, author or series.
- Renew your books
- Find course reserves
- Request items from other libraries, from storage, or that are checked out by other patrons
- Limit your search to online items, a specific library, or available items.
Melvyl [UC, selected UCB libraries not in Oskicat]
- Search for books, ebooks, journals, dissertations, and articles from UCB-subscribed journals
- Search libraries worldwide
- Request items UCB does not own, create and save lists, automatically format citations.
- Search articles, books, preprints, reports and more. (Reminder: specialized databases will provide depth to your search).
- Use with UC-eLinks to access the full text of many articles; click on "Scholar Preferences", click on Library Links for "Berkeley", and choose "University of California Berkeley - UC-eLinks."
- Listings may include links to related articles and to other sources that cite the item
- Search the full text of books scanned by Google.
- Read the full text of most out-of-copyright books
- View previews or snippets from many books still in copyright
- Find in a library link will locate the book if it is owned by UC Berkeley
Dissertations & Theses
Dissertations and Theses (Dissertation Abstracts)
Graduate dissertations from North American and selected European graduate schools and universities.
Doctoral dissertations: 1980-- Masters, 1988 -- Full text of most dissertations since 1997.
Search: thesis advisor, topic or title term, author, and other fields
Coverage: 1861 - present
Dissertations and Theses at University of California
Dissertations from a UC Berkeley department: Search OskiCat: keywords berkeley dissertations <department name>.
Example: berkeley dissertations nutrition
berkeley dissertations integrative biology
berkeley dissertations botany