Skip to main content
Bioscience and Natural Resources Library
AirBears2 is the UCB wireless network available in almost every building on campus; click on the link for more information about configuring the AirBears2 network on your device.
Proxy Server - Connect from Off-Campus
Set up the proxy server to use library databases from off-campus. This will change your browser or OS settings.
- There are set-up instructions for different browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari...)
- You can set it up on multiple devices
- You log in with your CalNet ID
- There's an alternative: the VPN
Quick Guide to Evaluating Resources
When you encounter any kind of source, consider:
- Authority - Who is the author? What is their point of view?
- Purpose - Why was the source created? Who is the intended audience?
- Publication & format - Where was it published? In what medium?
- Relevance - How is it relevant to your research? What is its scope?
- Date of publication - When was it written? Has it been updated?
- Documentation - Did they cite their sources? Who did they cite?