Skip to main content
Find books, ebooks, journals
Start Your Search UC Berkeley Discovery Tool
Oskicat [UC Berkeley]
- Search for books, e-books, journals, dissertations, reports, by topic, author or series.
- Renew your books
- Find course reserves
- Request items from other libraries, from storage, or that are checked out by other patrons
- Refine your search to a specific library, available items or online items.
Melvyl [UC, selected UCB libraries not in Oskicat]
- Search for books, ebooks, journals, dissertations, and articles from UCB-subscribed journals
- Search libraries worldwide
- Request items UCB does not own, create and save lists, automatically format citations.
- 1st: Click: Settings, click - Library Links search "Berkeley" choose "University of California Berkeley - UC-eLinks." This will give you links to PDFs and full text for our resources.
- 2nd: Click: Settings, Under Bibliography Manager - click RefWorks or EndNote. You can save to your own account.
- Search articles, books, preprints, reports... (Reminder: specialized databases will provide depth to your search).
- Search the full text of books scanned by Google.
- Read the full text of most out-of-copyright books
- View previews or snippets from many books still in copyright
- Find in a library link will locate the book if it is owned by UC Berkeley
Dissertations & Theses
Dissertations and Theses (Dissertation Abstracts) UCB access only
Covers dissertations and theses from U.S. institutions.
UC Berkeley Dissertations
To locate dissertations from a specific UC Berkeley department, search OskiCat using keywords berkeley dissertations <department name>.
berkeley dissertations integrative biology
berkeley dissertations energy