Skip to main content
On Campus Training Resources
Regular on campus workshops are available at no cost to UC Berkeley students, staff, and faculty through the GIF, the D-Lab, and the Library. Check the following calendars for upcoming workshops and events:
Getting Started with GIS
An introduction to the basic components of a GIS and some related fundamental concepts.
ArcGIS Lesson Gallery
Quick lessons that approach GIS learning from a variety of topical applications (i.e. health, environment, public safety, etc.) and on different platforms (ArcMap, ArcGIS Online, Business Analyst, Survey123, and more).
Esri E-Learning (Virtual Campus)
Trainings produced by Esri, including self-paced courses, seminars, videos, and other resources covering a wide variety of GIS and ArcGIS topics.
How to Access
- Go to cal.maps.arcgis.com in order to activate your ArcGIS Online account. (Your training account will be linked to it.) You can use your Calnet id and password to sign in.
- Submit the Virtual Campus Request form to request access to the UC Berkeley organizational account.
- Your information will be sent to the GIS & Map Librarian, who will enable your access to Esri's training materials within three working days.
- Access web-based training materials through Esri E-Learning (Virtual Campus). (Note that our license gives us access to E-learning resources, but not Instructor-Led courses.)
- When you are prompted to login, look for the box/button that says "Enterprise Login" and click on it.
- In the next page where it asks for your organization's URL, fill in the box so that the url reads cal.maps.arcgis.com and click continue. You should then be prompted to sign in with your Calnet information.
UCB Library GIS Workshop Materials
GIS Tutorials from Around the Web