Skip to main content
OskiCat is the catalog for most of the UC Berkeley libraries
- Find books and other items in most libraries at UC Berkeley.
- Search keywords (including author's name, title, subjects, etc.)
- Limit by library location, date, language, publication format, etc.
- See only items that are available.
- Find materials on reserve, by course or instructor.
- View status of individual volumes and journal issues.
- Follow links to the full text of some items.
Use My OskiCat to:
- Save and e-mail your search results.
- View your list of items checked out, and renew items.
- Get e-mail notices when your items are about to be due.
- Request items checked out to another borrower.
- Get updates on items you have requested from storage.
- Note: The Stanford University Library catalog cannot be searched, or their items requested, through OskiCat.
Melvyl lets you search for items at UC Berkeley as well as other UC campuses.
- Find books and other items in over 10,000 libraries, including most items in the UC campus libraries.
- See which local libraries have an item, and check availability in their catalogs (items at UCB appear first, along with their current availability status).
- Find UC books digitized by Google and materials from the Online Archive of California, UC eScholarship, and UC Press.
- Find magazine and journal articles, government documents, etc. from over 20 databases, available to UCB-affiliated users.
- Share items using Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, and similar tools.
- Automatically format citations for your bibliography.
- Export citations to EndNote or RefWorks.
- Read reviews from other users and Amazon.com.
- Melvyl® is a registered trademark of The Regents of the University of California.
Sign in to:
- Save searches to re-run later.
- Save items in personalized lists.
- Get updates from other users' lists.
- Write reviews for other users to read.
- Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
Use Melvyl as a traditional catalog (i.e., remove articles from search results)
- Click on Advanced Search
- Click on Add/Remove databases
- Click on clear all
- Check the box for WorldCat
- Click on Save Selections