Skip to main content
Come to our orientation session!
SPH Library Orientation Sessions:
Monday August 21; Join us at either 2:00 PM, or at 3:15 PM
Sessions in 150 University Hall - bring your laptop if you can.
You asked, we answered...
Answers to the following questions will be provided at the SPH Library Orientation:
- How do I access electronic library resources (databases, journals, …) from off-campus, or from my laptop or mobile device?
- What databases should I use to find articles, etc., on Public Health topics? Is there anything besides PubMed?
- How do I find online journals and journal articles? Can I look up a known citation to see if it’s online?
- How do I find books (including course reserves), electronic books, journals, dissertations, reports, etc? And must I walk across campus to fetch a book from another UCB library?
- What books do I have checked out and how do I renew them?
- How do I get articles, books, etc. that are neither at a UCB library nor available online?
- Where can I get information on research methodology?
- How do I organize references, cite them correctly in my papers, and get help with academic writing?
- What other online resources are available on my topic?
- How do I get help? Can I talk to a librarian at 3:00 AM?