Skip to main content
Miscellaneous Clipping and Cueing tips
Cueing (allows you to use a URL that points to web-based video--should be used for stable sources)
To cue a YouTube video:
- Pause the video where you would like it to start
- Right click and select "Copy URL at current time"
- Paste the URL in a browser window to test it
Downloading Web Videos (allows you to save a copy of a video on your computer)
There are many software options for downloading web-based video. For beginners, we generally recommend using a web-based service:
Clipping from a DVD
iMovie: the MRC provides:
- analog to digital converter boxes and portable Blu-Ray/DVD drives that can be loaned to instructors for taking clips using your own computer
- a digitization station for use by instructors, including methods to circumvent copy protection (as provided for in exemptions to the DMCA).
- clipping services for instructors based on individual need: full service, training and/or feedback on content.
Clipping from a Video File
Once you have a video file on your computer, you can easily make clips using VLC