Local and statewide economic information is critical for many research topics as well as personal interest. The resources below provide a wealth of information on statewide economics.
- Department of Finance
- Latest Economic Data -- Provides the latest Employment, Income, Construction, Prices (CPI and Deflators), Trade and Miscellaneous economic data.
- Economic Research Unit -- Access various economic publications such as County Profiles and the state's Economic Indicators.
- Chronology of Significant Events -- Covers 1956-2012 and provides a high-level description of major events that have influenced California's economic path.
- County Profiles -- Quick access to current population and economic statistics.
- Economic Development Department
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics for California -- Provides a wealth of data on California, including some metropolitan inflation data going back to the 1980's.