Download a 30 day free trial of Endnote. http://endnote.com/downloads/30-day-trial. After 30 days, you can still access your files but can't add anything new. EndNote for Macs online guide.
More detailed instructions can be found on the EndNote Support & Services pages by searching for the phrase: "EndNote Mac: Configuring Firefox Direct Export."
For Macintosh users: Setting up EndNote Preferences is done slightly differently than on a PC
1. Open EndNote and click EndNote in the top menu bar.
2. Select the Preferences option under EndNote X8
3. When the window shown below opens, click on Find Full Text and fill in the boxes. You can cut and paste from the items 1. and 2. below so that your screen matches the image below or just type in the following URLs:
4. Enter this into the Open URL Path: https://ucelinks.cdlib.org:8888/sfc_local - Click Save
5. Enter this into the OpenURL Argument: change WOS to EndNote
MAC / Sierra information . You must download EndNote X.8
If you have upgraded your system to Sierra, your EndNote X.7 will not work.
You need to have Word 15.30 or higher to use Cite While You Write.
EndNote X7.5 for Mac is compatible with Word 2016.
Please update to EndNote X7.5 in order to use the tools with Word 2016:
EndNote: compatibility and system requirements: