Skip to main content
Borrow Items Not Owned by Berkeley
Click the UC-eLinks button next to a citation in an article database, then click "Request this from the library"
- Print books are delivered to any UCB library for pick up
- Journal articles are shared as PDFs.
- Allow up to 2 weeks for delivery, sometimes longer. Articles at nearby UCs may be delivered in a few days
- A free service for Berkeley faculty, staff, and students only. No limit on number of books, articles, etc you may request
Or Request an Interlibrary Loan
for a known article or book/book chapter.
Start Your Search
Search for articles, books, and more across a range of subjects.
For advanced searching, use subject-specialty databases.
Connect from Off Campus
Off-campus access is limited to current UCB faculty, staff and students. Choose one of the following methods:
- When you click on a link to an article, database, etc., (in a browser or on a mobile device) you will be prompted to authenticate via CalNet.
- When you click on a resource link found via a search engine or a non-UCB Library webpage, you will need to use a bookmarklet to access the licensed resource.
Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Download and install the bSecure Remote Access VPN client to access UC Berkeley licensed resources.
- Make sure you select the Library Access and Full Tunnel option when you log on
- VPN FAQ
After connecting, make sure to CHANGE the Connection: to Library Access and Full Tunnel