Open SPSS Data Files
Load Citrix first. Afterwards, open the SPSS application, and then select > File > Open.
Do not double click to open an SPSS file on your hard drive. This is because SPSS is running from the Citrix virtual lab environment rather than an installed application on your computer hard drive.
Create Data Files
After launching Citrix and SPSS, select > File > New > Data.
Save Data and Output Files
Select > File > Save from the data editor or statistics viewer window.
Saving a new file? A dialog box will prompt you to identify a file directory. Be sure to save to your computer's hard drive. Do not save to the network drive in the Citrix virtual lab environment; this does not offer long-term storage.
Open an Excel file in SPSS
Ideally, data should be inputted directly into an SPSS file. Here’s what to do if your data set is an Excel file.
- Select > File > Open > Data.
- In the Files of type menu, select Excel.
- Navigate to the directory where you have saved the Excel file, select the file, and then click Open.
- In the subsequent dialog box, specify a worksheet, data range, and how to read the first row of data. Afterwards, click OK.
- In the data editor, double check the data for possible file conversion errors.