Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Library provides access to many resources that might be of interest to Optometry and Vision Science staff: for your personal interests, your career development, and your professional needs.
More work-related resources may be found on the Optometry and Vision Science guides.
To ensure you can access the Library-licensed resources from off campus, you should use the campus VPN or EZproxy (see below).
For school-specific resources, don't forget to check OptoHub.
Connect from Off Campus
Off-campus access is limited to current UCB faculty, staff and students. Choose one of the following methods:
- When you click on an UC Library Search link or Library link to database or article (in a browser or on a mobile device) you will be prompted to authenticate via CalNet.
- If you want to be able to click on a resource link found via a search engine or a non-UCB Library webpage, it is recommended you use the VPN instead of the bookmarklet.
- EZproxy FAQ
Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Download and install the bSecure Remote Access VPN (GlobalProtect VPN) client to access UC Berkeley licensed resources.
- Make sure you select the Library Access and Full Tunnel Gateway or Connection when you log on to access Library resources
- If you are on a public or unsecured network and don't need to access Library resources, you can use the default Split Tunnel access
- VPN FAQ
After connecting, make sure to change the Connection/Gateway: to Library Access and Full Tunnel.