Bureau of Labor Statistics: useful information on compensation data gathered by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Some BLS sites of interest:
- Current Employment Statistics: average hourly earnings for production workers by state and metropolitan area
- Employee Benefits Survey: employee benefits in private, small, medium, and large companies
- Employer Costs for Employee Compensation: Average cost of wages per hour for major occupational and industry group. Available on a national level.
- National Compensation Survey: wages for specific levels of work for 450 occupations on an hourly and annual basis available on national, state and metropolitan level. Details include union status, incentive status, establishment size and type - excludes federal government employees, and those employed in agriculture, fishing, forestry industries as well as private household workers. Data is for establishments with more than 50 workers and actual rather than standardized work hours are reported.
- Occupational Employment Statistics: average earnings of employees on an hourly and annual basis for 750 occupations available by state and metropolitan areas - excludes those employed in agriculture, fishing, forestry industries as well as private household workers. Data is for establishments with more than five workers and standardized work schedules are assumed.
- Wages by Area and Occupation: search BLS data by area or by occupation.
Offers compensation information, salary surveys and reports, as well as SALARY WIZARD, which will compute salaries based on job title and geographic location.