Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
New: Free Student Subscriptions to the New York Times and Wall Street Journal
"As of January 2020, the Associated Students of the University of California (ASUC) and the Graduate Assembly have successfully entered partnerships with two internationally known publications: The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal ..... All UC Berkeley undergraduate and graduate students will have free and unlimited access to the online published content of The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal until their date of graduation."
Get Books & Articles Not Owned by UC Berkeley
Click the Get it at UC button next to a citation in an article database. If it is not available online or at UC Berkeley, simply click "Request through Interlibrary Loan."
From a record in UC Library Search (the library catalog and more), simply click "Request through Interlibrary Loan."
- Print books are delivered to the UCB library of your choice for pick up.
- Journal articles and book chapters are shared as PDFs.
- Articles may be delivered in a couple of days or even hours; allow up to 2 weeks for delivery, sometimes longer, for books and hard to locate items.
- A free service for Berkeley faculty, staff, and students. No limit on number of books, articles, etc. you may request.
Connect from Off Campus
Off-campus access is limited to current UCB faculty, staff and students. Choose one of the following methods:
- When you click on an UC Library Search link or Library link to database or article (in a browser or on a mobile device) you will be prompted to authenticate via CalNet.
- If you want to be able to click on a resource link found via a search engine or a non-UCB Library webpage, it is recommended you use the VPN instead of the bookmarklet.
- EZproxy FAQ
Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Download and install the bSecure Remote Access VPN (GlobalProtect VPN) client to access UC Berkeley licensed resources.
- Make sure you select the Library Access and Full Tunnel Gateway or Connection when you log on to access Library resources
- If you are on a public or unsecured network and don't need to access Library resources, you can use the default Split Tunnel access
- VPN FAQ
After connecting, make sure to change the Connection/Gateway: to Library Access and Full Tunnel.