First, note the title of the library guide that you'd like to include in your bCourses site:
Go to bCourses to add the guide link to the course navigation:
- Login to your bCourses site
- Choose Settings from the left-hand course navigation.
- Choose the Navigation tab and scroll down to the disabled (grayed-out) course navigation links.
- Choose the gear icon next to the Library Guide link and select + Enable (or drag the Library Guide box into the Enabled links above).
- Remember to Save your settings!
To assign the correct library guide to your course navigation:
- Choose the Library Guide link that now appears in the course navigation for the course.
- Choose the large Edit Selection button.
- If you don't see a dropdown to select a guide at this stage, refresh your browser.
- Select "Library Guides - guides.lib.berkeley.edu" as your LibGuides Site.
- Choose "Full LibGuide" as your Content Type if you'd like to embed an entire guide (recommended).
- Choose "Single page" or "Content Box" if you only want to include specific elements from a guide in your site.
- Choose an option under "A-Z Databases" if you'd like to include a list of links to library-licensed databases for specific subjects.
- For Guide, scroll down to the guide you'd like to include--or type in the specific guide title or the name of the librarian who designed the guide to search--and then highlight the appropriate guide.
- If you'd like the guide to open to a specific page/tab, choose one from the Guide Page dropdown.
- Choose the Embed Content button to save your selection!
To view the guide in context, select the Library Guide link again in your course navigation, and select the View Content button.
To change or remove a Library Guide link from bCourses:
- To change your selection at any point choose the Library Guide link in course navigation and choose the Edit Selection button again. Refresh your browser to remove the current selection and select a new guide to include.
- To remove the Library Guide link completely, go back to Settings > Navigation in bCourses and choose to disable the Library Guide link or drag it to the disabled links section below.