Browse scholarly journals available form the UC Berkeley Library on your tablet device or iPhone using BrowZine.
What is BrowZine
BrowZine allows you to browse scholarly journals available from the UC Berkeley Library or from open sources on your tablet or iPhone.
- Access thousands of scholarly journals anywhere you have WiFi access.
- View complete issues of journals including the table of contents.
- Create a personal library of up to 64 favorite journals for easy access on your BrowZine interface.
- Be alerted when a new issue of a journal is published.
- Save articles on your mobile device to read later even when you are off line.
- Download BrowZine articles to Box.com, Mendeley, Zotero, and other services to help keep all of your information together in one place.
Benefits of BrowZine
Why use BrowZine?
- Keep up to date on current research in your discipline without having to carry around paper journals or track publications individually online.
- Get an overview of current research available in the journal format including articles you might miss using a focused online search.
- Enjoy the freedom of access to scholarly journals on a mobile device.
When to use other resources
- When you want to do in depth research. The BrowZine interface only displays recent issues of journals and it does not include a function for searching within or across journals.
- When an online scholarly journal is not yet accessible via BrowZine. BrowZine currently has agreements with a wide range of scholarly publishers but not necessarily all that provide journals available online at UC Berkeley.
- When you want to do light reading. BrowZine only includes scholarly journals and not popular magazines or newspapers.
- When a journal is not yet available in an online format. Many disciplines have publications that are only available in print.
Devices BrowZine can currently be used on
Devices currently supported:
- iPad and iPad Mini running iOS 7.x or later
- Android tablets running Android 4.0 or higher including Google Nexus 7 or 10 and the Samsung Galaxy Tab
- Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD
- iPhones as of January 2014
- Android smart phones -NEW
Devices Third Iron plans to support in the future:
- Laptop and desktop computers in early 2015