Off-campus access is limited to current UCB faculty, staff and students. Choose one of the following methods:
- When you click on a link to an article, database, etc., (in a browser or on a mobile device) you will be prompted to authenticate via CalNet.
- If you want to be able to click on a resource link found via a search engine or a non-UCB Library webpage, it is now recommended you use the VPN.
Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Download and install the bSecure Remote Access VPN (GlobalProtect VPN) client to access UC Berkeley licensed resources.
- Make sure you select the Library Access and Full Tunnel Gateway or Connection when you log on to access Library resources
- If you are on a public or unsecured network and don't need to access Library resources, you can use the default Split Tunnel access
- VPN FAQ