Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Library is Here for You!
The library can still help you during the campus closure! Here are some of the ways we're providing research assistance during this time:
Campus Library Map
Select the image below to see the full campus library map.
Off-campus Access to Library Resources
There are two ways to connect to library resources from off-campus using the new library proxy:
- Links to online resources on library websites, such as UC Library Search, will allow you to login with CalNet directly.
- To access library resources found via non-UCB sites, such as Google or Google Scholar, you can add the EZproxy bookmarklet to your browser. Then, whenever you land on a licensed library resource, select your EZproxy bookmarklet to enable CalNet login.
More information is on the EZproxy guide.
The campus VPN provides an alternate method for off-campus access.
Printing and Scanning in the Libraries
All UC Berkeley libraries have at least one scanning station. From the scanners you can:
- save documents to a USB drive (Moffitt Copy Center sells USB drives)
- upload documents to a cloud service (Google Drive, Box, OneDrive or DropBox)
- email documents to bMail, Gmail, Yahoo! Mail or Microsoft Live accounts such as Outlook.com and Hotmail
- send documents to library printers
All of the scanning services are free, except for printing scanned documents (see below)
- Printing in the libraries costs 8 cents per page for black & white, or 60 cents per page for color.
- UC Berkeley students, faculty and staff pay with their Cal 1 Card.
- Visitors can request a Cal 1 Guest Card from a library public service desk, or the Copy Center in Moffitt Library.
- Library guide to Printing from your Laptop or Mobile Device
Complete Print/Scan information is available on the library website.