The EZproxy browser bookmarklet adds the library's EZproxy prefix to a URL. When you are not on the campus network click on the bookmarklet to access licensed library resources that you've found via non-UCB sites such as Google, Google Scholar, email links, Twitter, etc.
To take advantage of EZproxy you will need to make sure your browser is configured to:
- Allow pop-up windows.
- Accept third-party cookies.
The browser bookmarklet can be added to iOS, Android and most browsers including Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and IE.
- Drag the EZproxy UCB bookmarklet link below to your browser's toolbar.
- OR right mouse click on the EZproxy UCB bookmarklet link and select "Copy link address."
- Place your cursor in your browser's toolbar.
- Right mouse click and select "Paste."
- Click on the bookmarklet after you land on a licensed resource that you've reached via a non-UCB site.
- MAC USERS:
- Chrome: It is not possible to install the EZproxy bookmarklet in Chrome on some Mac operating systems (e.g., Mojave and High Sierra). If you must use Chrome as your browser you will need to install an EZproxy browser extension. Search Google for "EZproxy extension." If you are prompted to define the proxy domain, type in https://libproxy.berkeley.edu
- Safari: It is possible to install the EZproxy bookmarklet in Safari if your Mac OS is Mojave or High Sierra. Please consider using Safari as your browser.
- EDGE USERS:
- It is not possible to install the EZproxy bookmarklet in Edge. Please use IE, Chrome, or Firefox.