Skip to main content
Campus Library Map
Select the image below to see the full campus library map.
Library Research Workshop 101
An online tutorial providing an introduction to library and research skills at the UC Libraries, including:
- Understanding an assignment
- Choosing a topic
- Developing search terms (keywords)
- Choosing sources
The Research Process tab of this guide contains more help and tips on doing research.
Quick Guide to Evaluating Resources
When you encounter any kind of source, consider:
- Authority - Who is the author? What is their point of view?
- Purpose - Why was the source created? Who is the intended audience?
- Publication & format - Where was it published? In what medium?
- Relevance - How is it relevant to your research? What is its scope?
- Date of publication - When was it written? Has it been updated?
- Documentation - Did they cite their sources? Who did they cite?