1. DRAFT your design first. use SOFTWARE TOOLS:
- Presentation software like Microsoft PowerPoint, Keynote, or OpenOffice Impress (free software)
- Print and digital publishing software like Adobe InDesign
- Document preparation systems like LaTeX (free software)
- Set the size of the slide or canvas to the actual dimensions of your poster.
- If you create a smaller poster & print at a larger scale (e.g., 300%), the text & images may become blurry & pixilated.
3. CREATE: your poster
Graphics programs are helpful for drawing figures and other illustrations.
Adobe Photoshop or GIMP (free software). & insert your images into the poster.
Create graphs with spreadsheet applications like Microsoft Excel.
Download UC Berkeley logos and seals at: http://identity.berkeley.edu/downloads/