Information on digitized and print UC Cooperative Extension publications
Hilgardia was the primary technical publication of University of California Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources for 70 years, published from 1925 to 1995. The full series has been digitized and made available on the UCANR website. It is also available in print in the Bioscience Library.
California Agricultural Experiment Station Publications
The following CAES publications have been digitized: Bulletin, Circular, Extension Service Circular, Lithoprint, Manual, and Publications in Agricultural Sciences.
A collection of CAES publications is also available in the Internet Archive. It contains:
- Bulletin series, 1884 to 1983.
- Circular - Published from 1903-1974, Circulars are the third series produced by the California Agricultural Experiment Station. It was intended for distribution only as called for by those specially interested in the subjects embraced in them. From 1921-1951 the Circular was supplemented by the Extension Circular, which was subsequently absorbed by Circular to become the California Agricultural Experiment Station Extension Service, Circular.
Report of the Agricultural Experiment Station of the University of California [1888-1973]. Beginning <1912/13>, each report regularly includes issues of series published separately during the report year, including: Bulletin (California Agricultural Experiment Station); Circular (California Agricultural Experiment Station); Circular (University of California Agricultural Extension Service), and unnumbered leaflets.
A. P. Giannini Foundation Research Report Series
The Giannini Foundation of Agricultural Economics promotes and supports research and outreach activities in agricultural economics and rural development relevant to California. Members of the Giannini Foundation are University of California faculty and Cooperative Extension specialists in agricultural and resource economics on the Berkeley, Davis, and Riverside campuses. Established in 1930.
Online collection in the Internet Archive
Print Collection in the Bioscience Library:
- Giannini Foundation monograph [1947-2011]
- Contribution from the Giannini Foundation of Agricultural Economics, mimeographed report [~1931-1952]
- Mimeographed report / California Agricultural Experiment Station, Giannini Foundation of Agricultural Economics [1952-1960]
- Giannini Foundation research report / Giannini Foundation of Agricultural Economics, California Agricultural Experiment Station [1960-2009]
Contains news and peer-reviewed research; published 1946 - present. Available online or in print in the Bioscience Library.
Other UCANR Publications
Books can be found in the ANR online catalog or in print in the Bioscience Library's "UC Docs" collection. Pamphlets and other free publications are also available online.
There is also a growing collection of UCANR Publications in HathiTrust.
Use CARA to search records related to "California agriculture" across multiple library catalogs and resources.
If you are affiliated with UCCE and have questions about access to library resources, please contact Becky.