Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Mobile browsers require several taps and some copy-paste to install a bookmarklet, but if you set it up, the mobile version is easy to use.
Part One: Creating the Bookmark
- Open Chrome browser and view this page (the one you’re reading now)
- Tap on the star icon next to the URL
- Tap Save to create a bookmark
- Note where it saves, for example, In Mobile Bookmarks
Part Two: Editing the Bookmarklet
- Select and copy the entire bookmarklet code.
- Tap the menu options icon and select Bookmarks. Be sure you’re viewing Mobile Bookmarks or wherever you saved it
- Tap and hold to choose the Android bookmarklet bookmark and then Edit bookmark
- Delete text from address/URL field
- Tap Save
Using the Bookmarklet
- NOTE: Bookmarklet is only needed if you go directly to a journal, database or article – not starting from a link on a UCB Library website.
- You will be prompted to log in via CalNet or PIN / Cal 1 card.
- Once authenticated as UCB, you should get access.
- You will remain authenticated as UCB until you close the browser.
Many thanks to UCSF for allowing us to re-use their excellent EZproxy guide.