Mobile browsers require several taps and some copy-paste to install a bookmarklet, but if you set it up, the mobile version is easy to use.
Part One: Creating the Bookmark
- Open Chrome browser and view this page (the one you’re reading now)
- Tap on the star icon next to the URL
- Tap Save to create a bookmark
- Note where it saves, for example, In Mobile Bookmarks
Part Two: Editing the Bookmarklet
- Select and copy the entire bookmarklet code.
- Tap the menu options icon and select Bookmarks. Be sure you’re viewing Mobile Bookmarks or wherever you saved it
- Tap and hold to choose the Android bookmarklet bookmark and then Edit bookmark
- Delete text from address/URL field
- Tap Save
Using the Bookmarklet
- NOTE: Bookmarklet is only needed if you go directly to a journal, database or article – not starting from a link on a UCB Library website.
- You will be prompted to log in via CalNet or PIN / Cal 1 card.
- Once authenticated as UCB, you should get access.
- You will remain authenticated as UCB until you close the browser.
Many thanks to UCSF for allowing us to re-use their excellent EZproxy guide.