Skip to main content
Free Public Access to Government Information
Latest from the Bureau of Justice Statistics
Criminal Justice Statistics
- Bureau of Justice Statistics
- Juvenile Justice Statistical Briefing Book -- via the Dept of Justice's Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention
- Campus Security Statistics -- via the U.S. Department of Education
- College and University Campus Crime Statistics -- via the Clery Center for Security on Campus
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Uniform Crime Reports (1995 to present): Annual publication in which the FBI compiles volume and rate of crime offenses for the nation, the states, and individual agencies. This report also includes arrest, clearance, and law enforcement employee data.
- National Archive of Criminal Justice Data (NACJD) -- Preserves and distributes computerized crime and justice data from Federal agencies, state agencies, and investigator initiated research projects to users for secondary statistical analysis.
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service (NCJRS) -- One of the largest criminal and juvenile justice libraries and databases in the world. The collection, with holdings from the early 1970s to the present, contains more than 180,000 publications, reports, articles, and audiovisual products from the United States and around the world. These resources include statistics, research findings, program descriptions, congressional hearing transcripts, and training materials.
- Sourcebook of Criminal Justice Statistics -- Updates of tables and new data sources continually are received and prepared for presentation in the print edition.
Need help with research? Have a question about the collection or the UC Berkeley Library? Here are three ways to get in touch with me: