Most databases and publisher websites have an Export, Save, or Download to EndNote function.
- Select desired citations, then choose export, save, or download.
- An optional intermediate step is to place citations in a folder; most databases have this function.
- Some databases have a direct export option; choose EndNote and your citations will export to EndNote with no further steps.
- For file format, choose RIS or EndNote. In PubMed, choose PubMed format, then save the file.
- Open EndNote and choose File > Import.
- Locate your file from step 4 and click Import.