1. Open EndNote: Create a new library....or group
1. Set DEFAULT Library – to open each time you open the program
EDIT (or ENDNOTE) > Preferences.
Select Libraries in left column.
Select: Open the specified libraries from the menu.
Click Add Open Libraries.
You may choose to delete the other libraries from the list. Apply.
2. Change DISPLAY FIELDS in the library window.
Choose Display fields in the Preferences list.
Next to Column 1, choose the desired field from the drop-down menu.
Continue with each desired display column.
3. Modify REFERENCE TYPES
Select Reference Types in the left column.
Click Modify Reference Types Button
Scroll to Custom 1. Add field name -- Apply to all or not
Go to: Edit (or TOOLS) > ...
... Output Styles, ... Import filters, ... Connection Files.
• Create lists of favorites to display in the drop-down menus.
• Add output styles to your lists and formats for bibliographies.
• Update Import filters: these allow direct downloading from one database to another.
• Under Library Catalogs - add U California.
• Connection Files - allow to connect to online indexes and library catalogs from EndNote.