To find contemporary book reviews:
- Go to UC Library Search or another humanities or newspaper database.
- As a keyword search, enter the name of the author and, if applicable, the title of the novel.
- Narrow your results to the date of the book’s publication + a few years forward
- Narrow your results to “Reviews” or “Book Reviews" OR narrow your results to newspapers and magazines.
To find reviews of Virginia Woolf’s To the Lighthouse:
- Search for: “Virginia Woolf” AND “To the Lighthouse”
- Narrow to date range: 1927-1937
- Narrow results to “Reviews”.
- To evaluate more resource, remove "Reviews" limit and narrow to "Magazines" instead.
In UC Library Search, enter your keywords and date range.
From the resulting list, narrow "Resource Type" to "Reviews."
In addition to searching UC Library Search, you can also do this process on the following databases: