Update: Moffitt Library is closed for seismic work, but most other libraries are open. Learn more.
The Bancroft Library welcomes researchers from the University of California, Berkeley, from California, and from around the world. We are a non-circulating special collections library and archives, so all materials must be consulted in our Heller Reading Room during our open hours.
All those wishing to use Bancroft materials must register as a researcher. Registration is free, and just takes a few minutes online using the Aeon system. The online registration form constitutes an agreement by the researcher to comply with the Library's stated policies for use of its materials. Your registration remains active for one year, and can be renewed from your Aeon account.
Researchers will also need to bring a current government or academic-issued photo ID when visiting the Bancroft Library in person. For UC Berkeley affiliates, a current UC Berkeley photo identification is adequate.
Acceptable forms of government-issued photo ID include a driver's license, passport, U.S. military ID, permanent resident card, or state identification card.
To plan your visit, please see the following link for complete information on registering to use the collections: http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/libraries/bancroft-library/plan-a-visit
Registration for UC Berkeley Students, Faculty, and Staff (CalNet Accounts)
1. Go to https://aeon.berkeley.edu
2. Choose UC Berkeley Researchers and click Login.
3. Enter your CalNet username and password. (Forgot your CalNet credentials? Visit the CalNet Account Manager.)
4. Scroll down to read The Bancroft Library's Conditions of Use, and accept the conditions by checking the box at the top of the registration form. You must check this box in order to register.
5. Complete the registration form (required fields are marked with a red asterisk).
6. Click Submit Information.
7. Enter a username.
8. Enter a password. Passwords must be at least eight characters long and contain a lowercase letter, an uppercase letter, and a number. No spaces are allowed.
9. Save your username and password in a safe place. You will need this information each time you log in to Aeon.
Help! Who do I contact if I have a question about Aeon?
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that emails sent to this address can only be answered during normal Library business hours, Monday-Friday between 10:00am - 5:00pm.
To print this page or download as a PDF, please click the "Print Page" link at the bottom of this page.