1. Search for collection materials
- Click the OAC FINDING AID link at the top of the OskiCat record to be directed the finding aid on the Online Archive of California (OAC)
2. Review the finding aid to determine the specific materials you would like to see, and note any access restrictions or other conditions of use.
3. Click the "Request items" link at the top of the main page of the finding aid.
4. When prompted, login to Aeon using your CalNet credentials (UC Berkeley Researchers) or your Aeon username and password (Non-UC Berkeley Researchers).
- If you do not have an Aeon account, it is easy to sign up! Follow the steps in the Register tab of this guide.
5. A requestable version of the finding aid will appear in Aeon.
-- Select the checkbox next to the container (box or carton) you wish to request. Some finding aids also allow you to select a specific folder; please make sure that the folder you select also lists a box or carton number.
-- If the finding aid does not have checkboxes, please indicate the container type and number in the Notes for Library Staff field at the bottom of the form. Example: Carton 18.
-- Please only list ONE container per request form! If you need to request multiple containers from the same collection, use the "Clone Request" feature. See the Managing Your Aeon Requests section for more information.
-- If you have any questions, please talk to the Reference Desk Librarian or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Choose whether you want to place the request now ("Schedule Retrieval") or if you want to save the request for later ("Save Request").
- Select Schedule Retrieval if you know the date you will come to the Library to view the material. Materials will be retrieved for you and placed on hold by the first day of your visit. Please make sure to arrive on your scheduled date of visit. If you do not visit the Library to view your requested items, they will be returned to the stacks or to the off-site storage facility. If you need to reschedule your visit, just let us know! Send an email to email@example.com.
- Enter the date for your First Day of Visit
- Enter the date for your Last Day of Visit (if you are only visiting for one day, the First and Last Day of Visit can be the same)
- Choose Save Request if you do not know the date you will visit the Library. Your request will be saved, but the materials will not be retrieved. When you are ready to schedule your visit, you can update the request with the date. Please update your request in advance, if possible.
7. Click "Submit Request" to confirm.