1. Search for collection materials
2. Review the finding aid to determine the specific materials you would like to see, and note any access restrictions or other conditions of use.
3. Click the "Request items" link at the top of the main page of the finding aid.
4. When prompted, login to Aeon using your CalNet credentials (UC Berkeley Researchers) or your Aeon username and password (Non-UC Berkeley Researchers).
5. A requestable version of the finding aid will appear in Aeon.
-- Select the checkbox next to the container (box or carton) you wish to request. Some finding aids also allow you to select a specific folder; please make sure that the folder you select also lists a box or carton number.
-- If the finding aid does not have checkboxes, please indicate the container type and number in the Notes for Library Staff field at the bottom of the form. Example: Carton 18.
-- Please only list ONE container per request form! If you need to request multiple containers from the same collection, use the "Clone Request" feature. See the Managing Your Aeon Requests section for more information.
-- If you have any questions, please talk to the Reference Desk Librarian or send an email to: email@example.com.
6. Choose whether you want to place the request now ("Schedule Retrieval") or if you want to save the request for later ("Save Request").
7. Click "Submit Request" to confirm.
A finding aid is a description of of records that allows clear access points to the collection for researchers. An archival collection may consist of many containers (folders, boxes, cartons, etc.) that span topics, dates, and people. Archivists create finding aids as a way to help researchers facilitate discovery within a collection. The Bancroft Library makes our finding available on the Online Archive of California, a central repository for finding aids from cultural heritage institutions across California.
Finding Aid Navigation
Use the [ + ] and [ - ] symbols to expand or collapse different sections
To jump to the end of the finding aid, use keyboard shortcuts:
Interested in bringing your class to view Bancroft collections?
Please contact our Information and Instruction Specialist to arrange materials for your visit. Do not submit your requests via Aeon.
More information about Classes at The Bancroft Library
Help! Who do I contact if I have a question about Aeon?
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that emails sent to this address can only be answered during normal Library business hours, Monday-Friday between 10:00am - 5:00pm.
To print this page or download as a PDF, please click the "Print Page" link at the bottom of this page.